If you want space in your home dedicated to being productive, you should know that it's possible with any budget. A home office can take up an entire room or be set up in a living space where you take part in other activities. Regardless of where it is, just follow these five tips for setting up the perfect home office and you’ll be able to get into a working mindset right away!
1. Cozy and comfortable chair - Make sure your office chair is comfortable and supportive. Sitting at a desk all day can be uncomfortable and cause back pain if you're not sitting in the right chair. Make sure to invest in a comfortable and supportive office chair to make your workday a little less painful. A good office chair should have adjustable height, lumbar support, and armrests to ensure that you're getting the most out of your seating.
2. A computer stand – Setting up a stand to raise your computer monitor or laptop to eye level is a great solution for added comfort and ergonomics. Having your screen at the right height and position will prevent unnecessary neck strain from looking down all day long, while also helping you achieve better body posture. Putting your computer on an adjustable stand can make it easier for you to sit up straight and prevent back pain.
3. Dissipate distractions – Whether it's the television in the next room or a loud cat, having distractions can make it difficult for you to get your work done efficiently. Put on some noise-canceling headphones if there are noises that are keeping you from concentrating on your work, or simply close the door and let roommates and family members know that you're busy with a Do Not Disturb sign.
4. Declutter and organize – A cluttered desk and surfaces can make it difficult to find your most important items and lead to unnecessary clutter. Make things easier for yourself by creating a system for organizing your office supplies and purchases. A simple filing cabinet and storage drawers can go a long way in keeping things organized.
5. Delightful decor – Decorate your office with things that inspire you and make you happy. If you enjoy looking at your favorite photos and art, hang them on the walls. If you're a nature lover, put in some plants and flowers and bring the outside in. Bright and open decor can make for a more relaxing work environment.
It's entirely possible for you to set up the perfect home office on any budget. Start by making sure your chair is comfortable, then get creative with storage and decor, and finally declutter your space so that it's clutter-free and distraction-free. Once you've put these tips into practice, you'll be amazed at how much more efficient and productive you can be!
If you're looking for a luxury apartment in Beverly Hills, consider NMS La Jolla. We offer one-bedroom and co-living furnished apartments for rent with luxurious amenities to match your lifestyle needs. From bespoke finishes to resort-style community amenities, we have everything you need you live, work, and play comfortably.